The newest leaf is partially uncurled and the next new leaf is spiking up. Big difference since my previous post about it. Here’s a close-up of the leaf. It has a brown mark on it which you can see in the photo. I’ll have to do some research to see what caused it.
This Monsterra is really growing. There’s a new leaf opening up and it’s the 3rd new leaf since I bought it. See previous posts about this wild plant of mine HERE.
Here is a photo of the new leaf.
Next is a photo showing the 3 leaves with fenestrations and the new leaf, which will have fenestrations. The tall middle leaf was the only one that had fenestrations on it. The ones on either side of it are the first and second new leaves.
Last is a photo of the whole plant. Yes, I love the beach and sea creatures.
My Monsterra is growing nicely. The newest leaf had gotten big, almost as big as the previous leaf.
Here’s the newest leaf.
I’ve moved the Monsterra onto my chest of drawers so that I don’t have to move it everyday. It seems to be happy there. I’m watering it every 10 or 12 days and using very diluted fertilizer in the water, letting it run through and then I mist it and let it drain well before putting the pot inside the outer pot. I’ll probably need to re-pot it soon, as there are roots starting to come out of the bottom of the pot.
I bought a Monsterra plant awhile ago and it has grown a new leaf since I brought it home. It gets indirect morning sun and then light all day. I keep it in front of my window and move it over to a table at night.
Here’s what it looked like when I brought it home.
Here’s a photo of the new leaf. It’s the brighter green one on the left with the longer slits in the leaf. One slit almost reaches the edge of the leaf. I’m quite pleased with it’s growth. It seems to be happy.
My daughter loves tomatoes and while at the local farmer’s market a few weeks ago I bought a Rutger tomato plant. Here’s a photo of it after I brought it home.
I went to the local home center and bought a new pot, tomato cage and potting soil and repotted it. I removed the lower branches and potted it deep water loosening up the roots a bit. Here’s what it looks like after 2 days in it’s new pot and a good rainstorm.